I have two early finishes a week now. Due to chronic illness, it gives me a few extra 'spoons' and some extra mental health recovery time. So I want to use it well.
I need to get into the habit of writing and so I need to be doing it frequently, no matter how awful or short the writing is. My plan is that every week or so, usually on one of my short days, i will ask the internet for ideas.
It can be a genre, a character, an object or mystical creature... Throw some ideas and I will write about whatever sticks. I might write a 300 word piece, decide it doesn't work and then ask for new ideas the next week. I might get caught on an idea and redraft until it turns into a book-length epic. Or somewhere in between.\
Either way, I need to be writing constantly. Give me ideas. Give me thoughts. Give me word soup and I'll see what I can make out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment